DATE: January 12, 2011
Today is the one year anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti. During that year, the lives of many Haitians has not improved, and in many cases, their lives are more difficult that they were at the beginning of the year that has passed. Today, Me-To-We @Dante want to bear witness to some of the terrible problems that the people of Haiti are facing today.
· On January 12, 2010, Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world, was hit by a devastating earthquake.
· The country was slowly recovering from the earthquake, when in October, 2010, there was a severe outbreak of the deadly disease Cholera, which killed more than 2,500 people.
· Most people live now in temporary shelters in camps. Their food and water come from aid workers, and there is poor sanitation and disease.
· In the midst of the Cholera outbreak, Haiti witnessed controversial elections which caused violence, and political uncertainty.
· The People of Haiti need safe places to live, leadership and a chance to feed themselves and to create jobs to support their families and to rebuild their country.
· We all need to keep the people of Haiti in our prayers.